How to use the Course Evaluation System
The Fall 2015 round of course evaluations is the first to officially be run using IOTA solution's MyClassEvaluation. This system will be the first to manage, deploy, and create reports for course evaluations. This page provides information on how students and instructors can access their course evaluation dashboard, where they can view current response rates, and survey results, and where instructors can make changes to their evaluations.
How to log in:
- Go to IOTA Solution's MyClassEvaluation.
- Click Log In.
- Enter the username and password that you received in your email from our IOTA Solutions contact, Marilyn Moore (email@example.com).
- Click Log in
How to add/edit your own questions:
As in our past course evaluation system, instructors can add their own questions to evaluations before they go live. Please note that you will have to repeat this process for each course you'd like to add this question.
If you'd like to add questions, please log into your course evaluation dashboard and:
- Select Manage Evaluations, in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Select the Edit button under the Questions column, corresponding with the course to which you'd like to add questions.
- Once on the Instructor Added Questions page, you should see a link to the SMCM Question Bank. This is to be used as a reference for your questions-- please do not add more than 25 questions to each evaluation.
- Click Create Question, and a Create Question wizard should pop up.
- Leave Response Type as Radio Buttons (Likert,ect.), since this is the only kind of question in the Question Bank.
- Choose the Response Scale that best corresponds with the question you've chosen in the Question Bank.
- Choose whether you'd like to number the question, whether the number is shown, the question header, and whether you'd like the radio buttons listed vertically (the default is horizontal)
- Type out your question (watch for spelling).
- Click Add Question, and your question will be added to the bank. You can add new questions like this until you are finished.
- Click Close.
How do I edit my instructor added questions?
You can edit or rearrange instructor added questions by signing into your course evaluation dashboard, and accessing the instructor added questions as you did when you added them.
To edit your instructor added questions:
- Go to the Instructor Added Questions section of the course you'd like to edit questions in.
- Click the gear icon corresponding with the question you would like to edit.
- Make your changes, and click Save.
- The changes should update and be dynamically reflected on the page.
To delete your instructor added questions:
- Go to the Instructor Added Questions section of the course you'd like to delete a question in.
- Click the gear icon corresponding with the question you would like to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Confirm that you'd like to delete your question.
To adjust the order of your instructor added questions:
- Go to the Instructor Added Questions section of the course you'd like to reorder questions in.
- Click and drag the handle of the question you'd like to move.
- Drag it to its new location, and release.
Instructors are now in control of what time their course evaluations open and close within the 2 week default evaluation timeframe using the Course Spigot Feature. If you would not like to change your evaluation times, do not alter the dates/times-- they will start and close at the default times.
Please note that you will not be able to change the evaluation time to something outside of this timeframe, nor will you be able to change the time once the default evaluation time has started.
In order to change the evaluation time, log into your course evaluation dashboard and:
- Click the Edit link under the Edit Dates column, corresponding with the course in which you'd like to alter the open/close time.
- A drop-down will open up. You can either enter the date/time manually, or you can click the calendar and clock icons to choose the date/time.
- The system will give you an error if you try to manually enter a date or time earlier than the default open, or later than the default close.
- Click Save.
Instructions for viewing/navigating results can be found here. If you have any questions, consult our runthrough of some of the features here, or submit a ticket to the vendor here.