Content Areas allow instructors to organize content within the course menu. Content areas can be created for items such as the course syllabus, schedule, course units, assignments, and exams. This guide will demonstrate how to add a content area to the course menu.
1. In the course menu, hover over the Add Menu Item button (denoted by the + sign) at the top of the course menu. You must have Edit Mode turned ON.
2. Select Create Content Area.
3. You will now see a screen similar to the one below labeled Add Content Area.
The new content area will appear at the bottom of the course menu
Remember, Content Areas can be created and made unavailable to users until needed.
1. In Edit Mode, access a Content Area from the Course Menu, by clicking on the name of the content area, e.g. Course Content.
2. On the Action Bar, click Build Content button and then select Item beneath the Create column.