How to Create a Google Distribution List for your Class
If you wish to add any other users enrolled in your class in informal or alternate user roles, you will need to find these addresses and add them manually. (skip to step 6).
For more information, please follow the instructions below:
- Sign into Portal.
- Access your Faculty tab.
- Find the course you want to create a contact list for under your Faculty Schedule and Course Lists.
- Select Course List from the drop-down menu.
- Export the course list in Excel.
- Copy the column containing the students’ email addresses
- Go to your Contacts Google Application.
- Click New Group.
- Go to the group, and paste the addresses in the add people tool.
When you are ready to share a document or send a message, create your email in Gmail:
- Type the list’s name in the To: form.
- All of the names should appear separately after the list is selected. From here you can add or delete contacts from this list.
- Send the email when you are ready
Please Note: If you create a list, and have not refreshed Gmail since, you may have to sign out of and back in to Google for the list to appear when you begin typing it.