The IT Support Center Orientation is one of three requirements incoming students will need to complete to receive their SMCM OneCard when they check in, and is due by June 1st.
The workshop covers students' SMCM systems including: Blackboard, Gmail, and Portal, and how to get help with technology issues or questions they might encounter over the school year.
What is the IT Support Center Orientation?
The IT Support Center Orientation consists of a series of videos addressing your Gmail, Blackboard, Portal, and Password Manager accounts, and a questionnaire to check your understanding at the end. The process should take less than an hour.
How do I complete the orientation?
First make sure that you have a reliable internet connection, and then:
2. Click Placement Course 2016.
3. Access the IT Support Center Orientation page in the left hand navigation pane.
4. Click the IT Support Center Orientation item on the page.
5. Go through the material on the each page, and then progress either by clicking the next item in the list, or the right arrow in the upper right hand corner of the page.
6. After this, click the check for understanding activity. You will have three (3) attempts to score at least 70%. Check your score after you've finished to see if you have successfully passed the IT Support Center Orientation. If you have not, you will need to attempt the assessment once more. You may go back and watch the videos if you need any help answering a question.
What if I have trouble during the orientation?