Importing Course Materials
Previously exported course materials can be uploaded into your current courses. This page addresses the steps for importing course materials to a current course after they have been exported.
Please consult the Exporting and Archiving Blackboard 9 Courses Knowledge Base Article for more information about exporting and archiving courses.
If you have already exported a course, and have the file saved locally, you can import the course materials into a new Blackboard course. To import a course, sign in to Blackboard, access the course into which you want to import materials, and follow the instructions below:
- In the Control Panel in the in the lower right hand corner, click Packages and Utilities.
- Click Import Package.
- Select the package (or course) you want to import.
- In Section 3, Select Course Materials, select the box for all the materials you want to import into the new course. At least one area must be selected to finish the process.
- After selecting all relevant course materials, click Submit.
- You should get a notification saying your request was submitted.
- After receiving an email stating that the package was successfully imported, the course file will appear on the Import Package/View Logs page (you can view the log summary whenever you wish here).