Adding/Mapping a Network Printer to your Computer
Staff and Faculty users can connect their SMCM device to network printers on campus, however they must be plugged into a network jack on campus any time they want to do so.
- Open the Start(Windows icon) menu and select Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer in the top of the window.
- Select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- The Add Printer wizard will search for commonly used network printers, if you see the one you want to add, select it, and then click Next. *** If you do not see your printer, please continue to step 5
- Select Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature, and click Next.
- Enter either the computer's Name, Location, Model, or a portion of either, and click Find Now. *** If you do not see your printer, try a search with a different query. If you still do not see your printer, please put in a ticket.
- Select the printer
Please submit a support ticket requesting access to the printer. Please reference in the form that you are using an iMac or Macbook Pro.